The Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) currently has an unclassified Human Services Assistant opening in the EES/Operations unit. This position located in the West Region, Phillipsburg DCF Service Center and will earn $12.35/hr.
As a Human Services Assistant, you will:
• Provide direct program and clerical assistance to the Operations/Economic and Employment Support Services Unit.
• Performs receptionist duties for the office. Determines the client’s needs and refers to appropriate person for assistance, or takes the necessary information to make an appropriate referral for the customers.
• Supports the BPM process by receiving initial Economic and Employment Support applications; screens and registers applications, which involved inquiry of customer information in agency computer systems, saving existing or creating new customer information and case number information as necessary.
• Provide administrative support to the unit supervisor
• For the purpose of receiving requests for services and/or assistance and for giving or obtaining information pertaining to DCF services and programs, you will have daily contact with clients and co-workers.
Click on the link to download position description here,
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Valid Driver’s License
Preferred Qualifications that may be used to screen applicants:
• Independent work experience in office/support work
• Basic computer skills and software application skills
• Ability to understand and interpret written materials, oral as well as written instructions
• Reception - front desk experience
HOW TO APPLY:
The application process has 3 STEPS.
STEP 1: Register by completing the online Personal Data Form (use this link - https://admin.ks.gov/services/state-employment-center/sec-home/state-employment/register-personal-data)
(Skip this step if you already have an Applicant ID number.)
STEP 2: Complete the State of Kansas Application Form (use this link - https://admin.ks.gov/services/state-employment-center/sec-home/state-employment/apply) and submit to the Department for Children and Families, West Region.
STEP 3: Email these additional required documents to DCF.WestJOBS@ks.gov. Include the job requisition number and your last name in the subject line.
Letter of Interest
Copy of college transcripts (if available)
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate
Copy of Driver’s License
KANSAS TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE REQUIRED: Each applicant applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a valid Kansas Certificate of Tax Clearance by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue's website at http://www.ksrevenue.org/taxclearance.html. A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. A Tax Clearance expires every 90 days. All applicants, including current state employees, are responsible for submitting a valid certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact 620-860-7290.
Name: Hallie Adams
How You Will Be Evaluated: Your application will be considered incomplete and you may be found ineligible if you fail to submit all required documentation. Your application will be reviewed to ensure you meet the minimum and any necessary special requirements. Next, your application will be evaluated and rated based on preferred selection criteria and competencies for the position.
What To Expect Next: After your application is evaluated and ranked, you may be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified of the outcome after the selection process is completed. You may call or email the recruiter contact listed to inquire about your application.
NOTE: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification documentation upon hire.
Veterans Preference’ Eligible (VPE): Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a “veteran” under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum qualifications and competency factors of the position. The veterans’ preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager. Additional VPE information can be found at: http://da.ks.gov/ps/aaa/recruitment/veterans.htm
Security Clearance: A background check (KBI – criminal background, welfare fraud, driver’s license, and Child/Adult Abuse and Neglect Central Registry) is required for all positions with the Department for Children and Families (DCF) as a condition of employment, which may include fingerprinting and FBI check. Security clearance must be obtained prior to employment with DCF.
Please visit our website at http://www.dcf.ks.gov to learn more about DCF and the services we provide.
Please contact the agency recruiter if a reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application or hiring process.
The Department for Children and Families is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Find out more about us at our website