Recruiter Contact Information:
Name: Jerry Bauer
Human Resources Manager - Central Office
Required Documents for this Application to be Complete:
On your Careers - My Job Applications page, verify these documents are present and valid. Upload or delete and replace if needed:
* Tax Clearance Certificate
* DD214 (if you are claiming Veteran’s Preference)
Inside this job's Job Application, upload these documents:
* Tax Clearance (directions to obtain below)
Kansas Tax Clearance Certificate Required: Each applicant (even non-residents) applying for a State of Kansas job vacancy must obtain a valid Kansas Certificate of Tax Clearance by accessing the Kansas Department of Revenue's website. A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. A Tax Clearance expires every 90 days. All applicants, including current state employees, are responsible for submitting a valid certificate with all other application materials to the hiring agency. This is in accordance with Executive Order 2004-03. If you need assistance with the tax clearance, please contact 785-296-3199.
Visit the Tax Clearance site for more information on and where to obtain this Kansas Department of Revenue document.
Job Application Process:
• Sign in to your existing account or Register for a new account.
• Review and complete your contact information on the My Contact Information page.
• Upload documents listed in the Required Documents section of this job posting to the appropriate location.
• Complete and Submit your application.
• Check your email and My Job Notifications for written communications from the Recruiter.
o Email - the email listed on the Careers>My Contact Information page.
o Notifications - view the Careers>My Job Notifications page
See the helpful links below to assist in completing your application:
o Job Search
o Create an Account
• Frequently Asked Questions
How to Claim Veterans Preference
Veterans' Preference Eligible (VPE): Former military personnel or their spouse that have been verified as a 'veteran'; under K.S.A. 73-201 will receive an interview if they meet the minimum competency factors of the position. The veterans' preference laws do not guarantee the veteran a job. Positions are filled with the best qualified candidate as determine by the hiring manager.
Learn more about claiming Veteran’s Preference
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of Kansas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion as essential elements that create and foster a welcoming workplace. All qualified persons will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, political affiliation, disability or any other factor unrelated to the essential functions of the job.
If you wish to identify yourself as a qualified person with a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act and would like to request an accommodation, please address the request to the agency recruiter.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree in social work or other social science or counseling field.
• Masters degree in social work, psychology, counseling, marriage and family therapy or other related field.
• Two years experience working with special needs or high risk population.
• One year experience delivering CBT programming.
• Demonstrated skill in following a curriculum in a CBT program.
• Demonstrated skill in using core correctional practices.
• Demonstrated skill in developing a therapeutic alliance through the use of warm, empathetic and respectful communication.
• Working knowledge of evidence based principles for correctional programming.
• Licensed to practice social work in the State of Kansas.
$36,000 to $48,000